Travel the World Virtually
Thanks to the boom in virtual travel, the world is literally at your fingertips. You can visit museums, national parks, monuments, and more. In some cases, you can even participate in livestream events as they happen.
Virtual travel has many benefits, including:
- Accessibility: One of the most significant benefits of virtual reality travel is the accessibility it gives those who can’t make the trip in person.
- Cost: Even visiting attractions in your hometown can be expensive, but virtual tourism makes it possible to travel anywhere in the world for a fraction of what you’d spend to see those sights in person. Some of the destinations are even free.
- Flexibility: Inspired by a television program or book that introduces you to an exciting place you’d like to learn more about? With a few clicks, you may be able to take a full tour that very day—without waiting in line—and discover more than you ever imagined.
Here are some terrific suggestions to inspire your virtual wanderlust. Pick a place and start traveling!
- International Attractions: View the Seven Wonders of the World, awe-inspiring attractions that you may otherwise only dream of visiting. Other famous destinations like the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History or The Dalí Museum offer online exhibits and tours that let you explore at your own pace.
- Adventure Exploration: Ever wondered what it would be like to navigate your way through a majestic cave or scale a rugged mountain? A live stream from Northern Canada may give you a glimpse of the Northern Lights, or you can make your way through the ancient city of Kyoto, Japan, studying famous shrines and immersing yourself in the culture.
- Animal Kingdom: Zoos, aquariums, and farms all over the world—even the Great Barrier Reef—are providing virtual experiences that let you get up close and personal with your favorite animals. Live cams let you watch animals at play, while special tours and presentations give you a deeper look at the habitats, care teams, and the animals themselves.
- Entertainment: If you’ve always enjoyed a good performance on the road, now you can take in incredible theatrical, comedic, musical, and other shows from the comfort of your living room. In some cases, tickets are priced comparably to a traditional show, but others (like the Cirque du Soleil series of 6-minute specials) are available at no cost.
In addition to virtual travel, expand your world with Springpoint Choice. Membership includes access to many of the perks we offer at our Life Plan Communities, including classes and events. Contact our team today to learn more.